Guest Editor: Rowenna Davis, Labour Parliamentary candidate for Southampton Itchen in the 2015 General Election. Davis worked as a freelance journalist for six years writing about social and economic affairs for publications such as the Guardian, Financial Times and the Independent.
- Visually, dynamic and exciting
- Bulletins sustained interest with lots of texture and colour.
- Possibly too many animals this week – too ‘fluffy’.
- There needs to be more clarity between stories and more concise scripting.
- More community voices need to be used in packages for human interest.
- Get more involved with the community and knock on doors.
- Nice graphics and variety of stories.
- Strong headlines and match reports in Sport.
- Interesting PTCs.
This week I produced my first court report surrounding a triple conviction for dangerous driving, assault and perverting the course of justice. I am pleased I had the chance to gain this experience although I do not think that my best abilities lie with court reporting as my shorthand isn’t very strong and I struggled with finding pictures. I was unable to get a photo of the convicted man as the judge granted a two year suspended sentence and the police were hesitant to send me one as I was not considered a qualified journalist. Despite this I am happy with framing and focus of the filming however I had a problem with my gunmic and the sound wasn’t up to scratch.