- There was a buzz around that resembled the real environment of a professional newsroom.
- People need to be pushed further out of their comfort zones in order to progress.
- Great planning from Alex and Lucy to bring all the news beats together.
- Everyone was up to date on breaking news and constantly updating their packages.
- More back ups needed in case of fall through interviews.
- Great graphics.
- Brilliant coverage in London with fresh vox pops.
Reporters’ packages were largely spiked this week due the volume of footage and interviews for the budget special. My package was one of those spiked from this week’s bulletin as it was not as strong as some of the other stories. I think that this was a sensible idea as the police were not as affected by this year’s budget due to the fact that there had already been extensive cuts in the previous months. At the beginning of the week I had been assigned to cover local businesses as we already had someone in charge of police, however when they dropped out I wasn’t left with many options for interviews and took on what they had done and added my own research with a PTC. I am happy with what I achieved at such a short turn around although I would have preferred to conduct my own interviews rather than using Archive footage as it would have felt much more fresh.